Beijing Olympic Park
The Olympic Park (Chinese: 北京奥林匹克公园) is a huge site that includes the 'Birds Nest' national stadium and the 'Water Cube' aquatics center. The Olympic Green(or The Olympic Park) is an Olympic Park in Beijing, China constructed for the 2008 Summer Olympics. Through the remainder of 2008, the site is free to enter, with tickets availble to go inside the venues. A music and fountains performance is currently showing at the Water Cube fridays and sundays at 7:30pm.
1. The Beijing National Stadium (国家体育场) or "Bird's Nest" (鸟巢)
2. The Beijing National Aquatics Center (国家游泳中心) or "Water Cube" (水立方)
3. The Beijing National Indoor Stadium (国家体育馆) or "the Fan" (扇子)
4. The Olympic Green Convention Center, also called the National Convention Center (国家会议中心)
5. The Olympic Green Hockey Field (奥林匹克公园曲棍球场)
6. Olympic Green Archery Field(奥林匹克公园射箭场)
7. The Olympic Green Tennis Center (北京奥林匹克公园网球场)
There are many sculptures to see too, and to the north lies the Olympic Forest Park. The area is served by its own subway train line.
South of the main Olympic Park area, towards the third ring road, is a long and wide block-paved area that is a popular place for roller-skating, karaoke and dancing.